I am sitting alone in the lounge with all the material things familiar to me gone. It's like an empty space of doubt and uncertainty. The breaking ice from a defrosting freezer, disturbing the sound of silence.
This must be my time to reflect - thinking of happy times spent our home, reminiscing good times and bad and fondly appreciating the friendships I have formed. I find myself sighing sadly and sentimentally at the thought of leaving it all behind.
The time to leave is imminent now, less than a week to go and I feel a little bit scared, extremely sad, nervous and tense, but also immensely excited. There is such a mixed bag of emotions plaguing my mind.
For days now I have been so busy that I haven't had time to think for myself. People to see, things to do, rooms to empty and cupboards to clean. That, I can honestly say has been a real blessing. If I had been sitting for weeks with these thoughts going through my head the way I am now, well to be honest, I may have got cold feet and stayed where I know my life is good, my friends are worth their weight in gold and my family are right beside me.
It is only now that I am sitting on my own, in the loneliness of an empty room that I can reflect on my 4 years here in Shiremoor and hope that Darwin has "grass just as green" as it has been for me here.

No comments:
Post a Comment