Tuesday, 26 February 2008

Closing the door on four years and more.

Maria came over from Dublin to see me before we leave. We spent my last drinking day and night in the Grey Horse - a great local bar. A good few mates turned up for our last drink in there and I for one had a great night. Time for people to go home and time for me to shed a few tears. Tears I thought I could keep back, but as they cascaded down my face I realised I was never going to be able to hold them back any longer. Once they started falling I thought they would never stop! With all my goodbyes done and dusted I set off for home to spend my last night in the house I had been so happy in for the past 4 years.
One final look around to check there is nothing left to pack before I go. One click of the lock and that chapter of my life was finally over. A moment of sadness and a moment of anticipation for what the future holds now.

No comments: