I got up after a long nights sleep - Mark was away and I slept like a baby! A full bed to myself and the aircom a little lower than usual.
When I got up to head off for the shops, I came outside and was absolutely amazed that I felt cold!!! I decided to wear a thick rugby shirt to walk up in as it felt quite chilly - I never thought I would ever see the day!
This little piece of heaven was soon taken away from me. By the time I had my shower, ironed my clothes and got dressed, it was back up to 31 degrees and as humid as hell.
It was my day off today, but I decided to go into work to learn a few things while Wendy was still here covering the store. I stayed up there for 8 hours while I did a bit of shopping too. Its so much cooler in the aircon there! Not much else to do in Darwin with no wheels - unless you want to catch a bus (after the 1st experience, I think not), so the shopping centre was the only option. Not being a shopper, that was desperate measures!
So here's to my dreams and wishes of a cool and refreshing day! Mind you - the temperatures back home wouldn't thrill me too much either!!!
Mark has gone to pick up a Ute with manual controls that I can drive (dont do automatics!), so look out Darwin, I will be on the roads tomorrow! I may have my second meeting with the Northern territory Police sometime soon - at least I know what they look like now.
When I got up to head off for the shops, I came outside and was absolutely amazed that I felt cold!!! I decided to wear a thick rugby shirt to walk up in as it felt quite chilly - I never thought I would ever see the day!
This little piece of heaven was soon taken away from me. By the time I had my shower, ironed my clothes and got dressed, it was back up to 31 degrees and as humid as hell.
It was my day off today, but I decided to go into work to learn a few things while Wendy was still here covering the store. I stayed up there for 8 hours while I did a bit of shopping too. Its so much cooler in the aircon there! Not much else to do in Darwin with no wheels - unless you want to catch a bus (after the 1st experience, I think not), so the shopping centre was the only option. Not being a shopper, that was desperate measures!
So here's to my dreams and wishes of a cool and refreshing day! Mind you - the temperatures back home wouldn't thrill me too much either!!!
Mark has gone to pick up a Ute with manual controls that I can drive (dont do automatics!), so look out Darwin, I will be on the roads tomorrow! I may have my second meeting with the Northern territory Police sometime soon - at least I know what they look like now.

No comments:
Post a Comment