With my tummy rumbling and my taste buds crying out for a little bit of spice, I sit in anticipation of a night at the local indian restaurant, The Cafe Kashmir. Mark has promised to take me out for a meal and there is nothing I crave more than a Chicken Tikka Massala. Chances are they won't do them here anyway - they were invented soley with the Brits in mind! I'm sure there will be something on the menu to set my taste buds on fire - though not literally, I hope.
We have just had a dip in the pool and Mark has gone off to pay his hockey fees, ready for the first game of the season on Sunday. I'm off work, so might have to go and have a bit of a laugh at everyone elses expense! Training was only half an hour and you should have seen the red faces and heavy breathing then. Could be a fun Sunday afternoon for me, a few laughs at the boys running around in the midday sun, topped off with a few cold Melbourne stubbies. This is the life!
We managed to get our own internet connection sorted out today, along with the equivelant of SKY - the soaps will be back on the telly for me. We get Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Holby City. They may be a bit behind the UK here, but Im hoping I haven't missed anything in the past month. The soaps should be at about where I left off once they connect it and have it up & running. There is a British TV channel, so I will feel just like I am back at home, only with sunshine.
At this moment in time, it's around 32 degrees, very humid and there is a roll of thunder just off in the distance. The sun is still shining brightly though . The storm must be over in the country and might catch up with us later on this evening. Darwins storms and sunsets have to be among the most amazing in the world!
I finally got my Indian meal, no Chicken Tikka Masala though. I had Butter Chicken as I know I like that - well I thought I did! The Onion Bhajis were the best I have ever had, the main courses were nothing like they are back home, however, they were still really nice. As usual, we could only eat half of our meals and a large portion of it went to waste. We were chased along the street by the waiter as Mark had underpaid for the meal. We ate half a meal and he mistakenly only paid half the bill - he put a $20 note down instead of a $50. He was a little embarassed to say the least, but I found it hilarious!

No comments:
Post a Comment