Despite already having work, I have just filled in the job application from hell.
I got an email to let me know there was a position for the Assistant to the Official Secretary advertised. This role consists of high protocol, arranging travel and accommodation, general administration, attending meetings and briefings etc for the Official Secretary. In short - pomp and ceremonies - bridge openings, charitable events etc. It involves arranging strict programmes and order of events for the Administrator of the NT - he is after all the Queens representative here in the Northern Territories - locally known as "His Honour".
Being a government role, it is pays well, sounds really interesting, includes loads of travel in and out of state and has great benefits and pensions.
I had to give it a go - after all, what did I have to lose!
I spent 4 hours filling in the application form and detailing all the criteria, giving examples of how I met what they were looking for. I sent it off for a second opinion - several times - and after all the amendments were made I lost the bloody thing!!!
Today (my day off) has been spent re-doing the whole presentation and making sure all the formats, text fonts etc were consistent throughout the document. After all, a high level of secretarial skills was among the essential requirements! Lets just say it took me a while to get it right!
I did however manage to get it emailed off and the results of my time and efforts are yet to be seen.

No comments:
Post a Comment