Thursday, 17 April 2008

UK TV - like being at home!

Today was the day I have been waiting for. Its been 3 weeks since we organised Austar TV - pretty much like SKY back home. The free channels here are worse than ITV & BBC at home - all repeats or daytime telly.
The guy came today and spent a good few hours setting everything up - installing the satelite dish and finding UK TV for me! I bolted straight up to the shopping centre as soon as he finished to stock up on supplies and stubbies, ready for a 36 hour soap marathon.
I started with Coronation Street, then moved to Emmerdale, then progressed to Eastenders and finished off with Holby City. I must admit I nodded off for an hour or two in between, but didnt miss too much as we are months behind over here!
Tonight I have watched Grand Designs and the Friday Night Project - it feels so good to have something to watch for a change. I am just about to crack open a beer and plan my viewing for the next few hours - Oh, this feels fantastic!
Mark is home tomorrow, so I suppose I will have to put up with some sport over the weekend. I have already set the Chelsea-Everton game to record. You see, its not all good! However, he goes away again for all of next week so I can settle back into the "soap" pattern I have already established.
As you can see, it doesn't take much to keep me happy and entertained! I definitely feel like I am finally settling in and enjoying Darwin more and more as the days go by, things are falling into place and the temperature is cooling down a little, especially early mornings and evenings.
This will probably be it until Anzac Day next friday - I will have nothing else to talk about other than what Ive watched until then! Next instalment coming soon.......

No comments: