Sunday, 20 April 2008

From Frogs to Prince's.

I decided to do my good turn for the day and water the lawns. Dry season is here and grass turns brown within hours if the watering is not done. Once the sun went down I thought I would take the opportunity to keep it green and alive!
I went to the hose pipe and felt around in the dark for the water tap - I felt something a bit rubbery and flinced as soon as I touched it. Mark yelled out that there was in fact a light switch there and that I should turn the light on. As I switched it on and glanced to where I had felt the rubbery thing I was confronted by Freddy the frog - who needless to say had not flinched as much as I did!
We spent a few moment deliberating whether it was a cane toad or a frog - neither of us is an expert in the frog/toad field. The only differences as far as I am aware is that if he was a cane toad we would have to kill him by catching him in a bag and pop him in the freezer. We chose to believe he was a harmless frog and left him alone!
He may after all turn out to be someones prince!

No comments: