What a great day out it was!!!
They did a tour around the park telling us all about the different crocs, breeding, feeding habits etc. We watched as they fed the crocs in the breeding pen with chicken and had the chance to feed them ourselves if we had wanted to. Needless to say, after I saw the first one jump up to catch the meat I decided not to do it myself!
At the end of the tour they brought some baby crocs out for everyone to hold. Their mouths were taped up for obvious reasons. Mark and I decided to go and see the other animals they have there while everyone else stayed to hold the crocs.
We wandered around the park, looking at the other reptiles, monkeys and big cats. Then we arrived where the "native" aussie animals were. I saw my first Dingo and we caught a couple of wallabies in a pretty compromising position!
We spent a while in the souvenier shop having a look at the different things they made with the crocodile leather. Bags, belts and purses were extremely expensive! They even sold croc meat there by the kilo - haven't tried it yet, but I did have my first taste of kangaroo last night - its really nice!
They also had some stingray leather bags and purses, they were not as pricey as the croc leather, but they still weren't cheap. The colours were beautiful though and if I was a compulsive shopper who liked to have a bag for every occassion I would certainly have bought one of those.

No comments:
Post a Comment