Its another lonely week of sitting "home alone." Mark has gone away to work at one of the communities outside of Darwin. There is obviously no mobile phone signal as I have not heard a peep since he went away. That is probably the worst thing about him working away - its always at the back of beyond and there is no line of communication! This will be the last time - or I will only be using the outbound portion of my ticket in July.
Homesickness has definitely crept in over the past week or two and my journey home is looking increasingly more exciting! I cant wait to see everyone and get back to chats over a cup of tea, local pubs and a bit of rain - more than anything though, I cant wait to see my friends and family again.
Darwin, as you have seen has many up-sides. However, no matter how hard I try, at the moment I cant see it as home. House hunting has been a bit of a chore as the first house we went to view didnt even resemble the photos on the website - it looked as if they had been taken pre-cyclone Tracey! The only thing that could have been done to the house was to bomb it! We are still looking hard though and I am hoping that once we get our own house, then I will feel a lot more settled and start to feel that this is our home. Who knows? Only time will tell.
Until then........... 1 month, 3 days, 3 hours, 58 minutes and 13 seconds until I head for sunny Newcastle.

No comments:
Post a Comment