Sunday, 20 July 2008

Last few days.

Tuesday was the day I had to pick Liam up from school, go to see Journey to the centre of the earth and spend my last bit of quality time with everyone.
Liam was full of chat when we left the cinema, going over ever aspect of the film in great detail. He gave a glossary of the film as soon as we got back to the house to Nigel and my Dad - they dont need to go and see it now!
He went to bed full of excitement for the following day - we were going bowling.
Dad, Liam and I headed off to the bowling alley for the long awaited bowling match. Liam was pretty disheartened when Dad got a strike - despite this being his first ever time in a bowling alley!! Liam was desperate to win and although I won the first 2 games, I tried to hold back for the last one so he could win. Unfortunately Dad played a blinder and beat us both!
The prize machines became our next bone of contention as he tried desperately to win a soft toy. No luck there and no Uncle Mark to win one for him. Liam was not happy at all!
KFC was the next order of the day and then a trip to Tesco to get Liam a booby prize - a soft toy from the Kung Foo panda film.
Neil came over to cook dinner for us all and I have to say we were all very impressed with his culinary skills - he can cook for us all again! It was a perfect end to a brilliant week - unfortunately it has reached the time for me to head back home to Darwin.

No comments: