Dad, Paula and I got a taxi into town to meet Neil for his graduation. We arrived at the City hall and stood amongst the crowds of people waiting to go into the ceremony. It was a glorious day, the sun was shining and not a cloud in the sky.Neil met up with us and I went along to the University to see where he studied while Dad and Paula waited to go into the City Hall. We came back just as the doors opened and managed to get a pretty good seat.
The ceremony was as grand as I expected and after a long wait we watched Neil collect his certificate for his degree.
After the ceremony we walked down to a sculpture of books to take some photographs while Neil was still dressed in his cap and gown and then we went off for lunch at The Goose.
We left Neil with some of his friends from Uni and headed back home while he went out to celebrate his success.
It was a long day, very tiring, but such a proud moment for me to see my son graduate from University!

No comments:
Post a Comment