On Friday I called in to see Michelle, Dave and the kids. It was brilliant to see them all again and the look on the kids faces was really funny when they saw me - especially Davids as he looked as if he was ready to burst into tears! I was climbed over, jumped on and kissed to death by Dominic - no change there at all. I couldnt get over how well Natashas speech had come along, she is a proper little chatterbox now! Kyle was still his normal quiet and deep thinking self - getting a little bit upset when he thought I didnt have a picture he had drawn to bring home with me - I did have one and that soon cheered him up!
Friday night was spent at the Chinese Restaurant in Ponteland enjoying a good meal, and fantastic company while we celebrated my birthday. It seemed like I had never been away as we sat and chatted - Neil, Dad, Paula, Liam and I - just like old times! I cant get over how much Liam has grown up in such a short time. One thing I have missed while I have been away has been Chicken Tikka Massalla - and Neils birthday present for me was an Indian cook book - Mark will be sooooo busy when I get back to Darwin!
I spent the Saturday with Sharon, looking for a nice dress to wear for Neils graduation. We trailed the shops of Newcastle looking for something I would be able to wear again in Darwin, but that was warm enough for the "sunny" newcastle weather. As you can imagine - I had no luck whatsoever!
First stop was Primark........leaving after half an hour laden with bags of shopping. I managed to buy an entire summer wardrobe in that time and spent next to nothing thanks to Sharons generosity.
We trailed around every shop we could think that would have a nice dress and found absolutely nothing suitable, so I ended up with a pair of linen trousers and a top - basic, but both of which could be worn in a tropical climate too.
Lunch was at the Magic Lantern. We sat and enjoyed a nice meal, had a drink or two and caught up on everything I had missed in the past 4 months.
We had a great day together and I really have missed those times and the chats while I have been away. It was so good to catch up and have a laugh and a gossip again. It beat the phone conversations we regularly have by a mile!
On Sunday we went to the golf club for lunch. Nothing seems to change there at all. The food was lovely and again we spent the afternoon chatting and catching up on what we have all been doing since I left. That night I caught up with some friends in Whitley Bay. It was great to see everyone again and listening to Sharon, Louisa and Steph, it made me realise why I had stayed with Airtours as long as I did. It was a great laugh and it brought back so many happy memories!

No comments:
Post a Comment