Sunday, 6 July 2008

Packing my bags.... 2 more sleeps.

Yesterday was spent doing my last minute souvenier shopping. There is so much to choose from it was a difficult decision.
My case is now filled with kangaroos, koalas and possums. There is a great range of Tshirts in different bags, along with keyrings, the odd picture and fridge magnets. Once I juggled things around a bit to create maximum space for my clothes I realised I was going to be hard pushed to fit any in there - especially after we bought 2 Darwin stubbies - they are 2 litre bottles and have left me with enough room for 2 pairs of trousers and a couple of Tshirts. I hope its warm and dry when I get to Newcastle!
While we were out shopping for bits and pieces to take home we looked in an aboriginal paintings shop. I saw an amazing painting, all done in black and white dots making up the most beautiful pattern. It was priced at $3,350 - which is pretty reasonable in comparison to some of the others in the shop. I have hounded/begged/whined to Mark, but to no avail - never mind, I will keep on trying!
I ended up doing a spot of christmas shopping, just because it takes so long for things to arrive by post. Never mind the expense! I will take the pressies over with me and that will save us a fortune and a lot of time. I cant believe I have been so organised and managed to plan so far in advance, after all it is only July.
Im getting pretty excited now and cant wait to be sat on the plane heading home. I know its only for a week, but I really want to catch up with everyone and have a "cuppa" and a chat - something that just doesnt happen over here.
Once I change flights at Dubai, I know the next stop is Newcastle.
See you all in 2 sleeps!!

No comments: