Its been a pretty hectic couple of weeks so I think I better give you all a quick catch up!
We have been looking for a house to buy - got outbid on one today, but it wasnt worth going any higher than we did. Im sure something will crop up soon enough. Then it will be back to bills, unexpected outgoing expenses and less of a social life!
Had 2 weekends out on the trot - life is definitely picking up. I have to admit that saturday night was just like a night in Whitley Bay - with all the trimmings! Loads of Smirnoff Ice and a good selection of music. I didnt surface until 8pm on the sunday and even then I fell asleep on the couch about an hour later.
Mark didnt have his keys to get in when we got home at around 6am so I had to sleep in his car. He broke in to the house and left me in the car until I woke up at 12 midday! I opened my eyes to blazing sunshine and severe dehydration - Darwin isnt a good place to sleep in cars and the copious amounts of alcohol consumed the night before didnt help at all.
Poor Carmel had my house keys as I had left my car at her house and all my keys are on one bunch. Being sensible, I handed the keys over to her so noone would be tempted to drive when they were too drunk to even think straight. Consequently she got drunken phone calls at daft o'clock asking her to bring the keys over. Not a good idea as she had been out with us too!!
Never mind, it was a good night had by all - apparently!
I have to admit that now I seem to have acquired a social life I feel that things are on the up and up.
Darwin seems to be a pretty cool place after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment